Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Phone: The LG Shine Plus

Since I am on a budget, I decided to go with the LG Shine Plus, which I got for just $300 without a contract from Telus. It has good computing specs (256 ROM, 600 MHZ processor, 512 RAM), 5 MP camera with flash, up to 32 GB MicroSD expansion (comes with 4 GB), Android 2.1 (hopefully 2.2 is around the corner) and a sliding keyboard. Great specs at a great price. 




After spending about 2 weeks with the phone, I am extremely pleased with it. It runs great, has not froze up yet (my Blackberry Pearl was horrible), can play 3D games such as Raging Thunder II, I love the keyboard and the solid feel of the sliding mechanism, and the screen quality is excellent. I didn't like the preinstalled LG Home Screens and App organization, so I disabled it and went with the plain-jane Android 2.1, which I really like. Setting up the phone was extremely easy, I simply signed into my Google Account, and within 5 mins all of my contacts were in my phone because I use Gmail Contact Manger. Also, I can view all of my Picasa web albums in the Gallery. 



After coming over from the dumbphone, iOS, and Blackberry worlds, I feel as if I have leaped into the future...and it's fantastic!!



No comments:

Post a Comment